If necessary, here you can find Visa information.
The ICSSP 2017 conference will be held at Université Pierre & Marie Curie at Amphis Astier & Herpin in the building Esclangon, Campus de Jussieu, 4 place Jussieu, 75005 Paris (see pictures below). Métro station: Jussieu
The workshops will also be held at the same venue i.e Université Pierre & Marie Curie but at different rooms:
at 1st floor of Tower 26, corridor 26-25 (for the HELENA Workshop), and room 105, and corridor 26-00, room 101 (for the VBPS Workshop)
, Campus de Jussieu, 4 place Jussieu, 75005 Paris.
You can reach Paris by trains and flights. The two main airports are Roissy Charles de Gaulle and Orly, a third minor airport is Beauvais. The main train stations are Gare de Montparnasse, Gare du Nord, Gare de Lyon, and Gare d’Austerlitz.
From Airports to Paris
Roissy Charles de Gaulle
To reach Paris from the Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport you have two options:
- Options 1. Take RER Line B (all trains go to Paris). Try to buy tickets at transilien machines in the airport terminal. These have shorter lines than the ticket counters. If available, you can take the direct train to Paris (first stop is Gare du Nord). You must continue (same Line RER B) until station Saint-Michel Notre-Dame. Then take Metro Line 10 to Jussieu station. See itinerary below.
- Option 2. Take the RoissyBus or airline shuttles to reach Paris. Then use Metro or Bus Lines. Maps are available in all stations and in the airport.
- Approximate price and travel time from Roissy Charles de Gaulle:
Vehicle Approximate Price Time RER B (Operated by SNCF) 10 € 45 min RoissyBus (Operated by RATP) 12 € + 1.90 € (metro in Paris) 45-60 min Airline Shuttles 17 € + 1.90 € (metro in Paris) 35-50 min Taxi 50-55 € 35 min
To reach Paris from the Orly airport you have three options.
- Option 1. Take the OrlyBus that stops at Denfert-Rochereau metro station. Then take Metro Line 6 until Place d’Italie and from there Line 7 until Jussieu station. See itinerary below.
- Option 2. Take Tram Line 7 to Louis Aragon Metro station and then the Metro Line 7 to Jussieu station (UPMC). See itinerary below.
- Option 3. Take the OrlyVal to reach PER Line B. From there go to station Saint-Michel Notre-Dame, and take Metro Line 10 to Jussieu station. Airline shuttles are also available to reach Paris.
- Approximate price and travel time from Orly:
Vehicle Approximate Price Time Tram line 7 + Metro line 7 1.90 € + 1.90 € (metro in Paris) 52 min Orly Bus (Operated by RATP) 8 € + 1.90 € (metro in Paris) 37 min Orly Val + RER B (Operated by RATP) 12 € 23 min Airline Shuttles 12 € + 1.90 € (metro in Paris) 30-40 min Taxi 30-35 € 25 min
To reach Paris from Beauvais airport, there are special shuttles/buses (http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=fr) that bring you to the Metro station Porte Maillot. Then take Line 1 to Palais-Royal (Musée du Louvre) station, and afterwards Line 7 to Jussieu station. See itinerary below.
From Train stations to Paris
The main train Stations are all in the city of Paris. To reach the University Pierre et Marie Curie from Gare de Montparnasse, you can take the Metro Line 4 (north direction Porte de Clignancourt) and stop at Odeon station. Then take Line 10 to Jussieu station.
From Gare du Nord, you can also take the Metro Line 4 (south direction Mairie de Montrouge) and stop at Odeon station. Then take Line 10 to stop at Jussieu station.
Form Gare de Lyon, you can take the Metro Line 6 towards Place d’Italie and then Line 7 to Jussieu. From Gare d’Austerlitz take Line 10 to Jussieu.
Price of one metro ticket: 1.90 €.
Alternatively, you can plan your itinerary in real-time (in particular for buses) through the RATP website (http://www.ratp.fr/en/).
Getting around in Paris
Information on public transportation and itineraries can be found at the RATP website (http://www.ratp.fr/en/). You can buy 10 tickets (“carnet“) for 14.50 €. A single ticket (one way) costs 1.90€. Those tickets work for the Metro and the Bus Lines in Paris.
A one week pass valid from Monday to Sunday “Forfait Navigo Semaine” costs 20.40€ for the zones 1-2, plus the cost of the card “Pass Navigo Decouverte” (5€). It is not valid to get to/from the airports by RER/OrlyVal. A zone 1-4 pass (32€) is valid on the Orlybus to reach/come from Orly airport. A zone 1-5 pass (34.40€) is valid on the RER to reach/come from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport. The card is available at all Metro station ticket booths. A 25x30mm photo is required for the card.
Paris has a convenient bike rental service called Velib. There are stations all over the city. The costs for any number of rides that are less than 30 minutes are (1) 1.70€ for one day and (2) 8€ for 7 days. You can buy tickets at the stations or, in advance, on the web site (http://en.velib.paris.fr/).
Many hotels are near the University Pierre et Marie Curie and all around. The prices vary depending on the areas in Paris. We recommend to make reservations as soon as possible to be able to find the most convenient accommodation for you with regard to location and price.
Hereafter, we provide a short list of possible comfortable accommodations in Paris that are nearby the University Pierre et Marie Curie:
|Hotel||N° Stars||Single Room||Double Room|
|Best Western Le Jardin de Cluny||****||180€||189€|
|Hotel Les Rives de Notre-Dame||****||296€||329€|
|Libertel Austerlitz Jardin des Plantes||***||129€||139€|
|Best Western Quartier Latin Pantheon||***||169€||179€|
|Hôtel des Grands Hommes||***||214€||224€|
For more accommodation choices you can look here, in particular for Hotels that are near touristic places, e.g., Eiffel Tour, Louvre museum etc.
Attractions and Places to Visit
- Jardin des plantes (http://www.jardindesplantes.net/) : map link,
- Les arènes de Lutèce : map ink
- Cathédrale notre dame de Paris (http://www.notredamedeparis.fr/spip.php?rubrique2): map ink
- Saint Michel : map ink
- Quartier latin: map ink
- Rue mouffetard: map ink
- AWI – Arab World Institute (IMA in French https://www.imarabe.org/en) : map link
- Place de la bastille : map ink